Day 4,547—Starbucks is Closed—

 


        They spent millions on developing the property. They went to local board meetings. They agreed to terms to redevelop portions of the land. I watched them build the building step by step. I took pictures of what it looked like before and after they demolished the parking lot. They spent roughly three years opening this location, and they only kept it open for 9 months before they declared it closed. It makes you wonder why they opened it in the first place. I don’t love Starbucks, as I have often written, and I rarely spent time there personally to drink coffee, but my kids loved walking there, buying chips, and getting water. I took them there a bunch of times over the summer so they could sit on the couches, eat their chips, and drink their water. They loved the couches and the tall chairs. It was fun for them to walk somewhere. I am going to miss that. I am glad I took them as much as I did; just last week I took two separate trips there to buy my kids chips. They had so much fun. They’re going to be so upset when they realize that it closed. I am upset for them and mainly just confused why they thought it was a good idea in the first place if they were only going to call it quits so quickly. There were always people at that location, and I noticed more and more people discovering that store every week, but maybe they didn’t count on how bad the economy would be right now and had no choice but to cut their losses.


Comments