Day 789--Run around Gili Air Two

I didn't see any giant lizards this time; even though I looked for them, but it was still a good run. I talked to Dean (the guy we rented the bungalow from) before I started. He was impressed with my running shoes. He said he liked running, but couldn't anymore because he hurt his knees.

I noticed a swing set in the water on the beach as I ran. I spent a lot of time avoiding the Australian backpackers and the horse taxis which were everywhere. I saw one other runner who exchanged a  nonverbal hello with me. 

I noticed a lot of empty bars, but everyone seemed to be relaxed, sitting around, laughing with each other, and getting up occasionally to clean. 

When I got back to the bungalow, I talked to a guy from New Zealand (Rich). 
He told me some good places to snorkel. He laughed about how much I was sweating, and he asked when was the last time I sweated so much. He said he was going to smoke a cigarette and eat breakfast instead of running: he didn't know what he was missing. 


Comments

the Most Epic Runs