The Forgotten Days of after Christmas and before New Year’s

 

I saw a group of birds flying in unison. There must have been at least a hundred of them. They looked so small. The ones in the middle looked like they were flying back and forth like a ping pong ball bouncing back and forth. 
I went to get my camera and the screen blinked and showed the sign for dead battery. I went home and charged my camera for ten minutes as I visited with my wife and daughter, and then I went out again and took a picture of a pinecone.
If I think back last year and the year before, I have no memory of what I did on this day in the years past. Every year I try to make these days count for something, but I struggle to find the right task to indulge in what seems like a blink of time that is gone and never seen again.

Comments

the Most Epic Runs