Day 672 -- long day 165 Min



I was so happy when I stared -- then, I drank some bad water, threw up, and was dehydrated. . . . 

3/28/16 update

I started out strong and did nine and a half miles one way (from my house into Grant's trail). I was not planning to do a simple there and back, but because of the nice weather I decided to go for it. The only problem was the lack of water, but I knew of a restroom on the course a little bit before the turnaround. Once, I got there the water fountain didn't work, but I decided to just use the water from the sink in the restroom -- big mistake -- I started throwing that water up about mile fifteen. I first drank the water at mile 7.5 and if you look at my splits in this run you can see how it went from there. 

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1057527888

By mile sixteen I was barely walking, but still moving. Another mile, I threw up again -- really emptying my stomach this time. A guy saw me struggling and asked if he could help. He gave me some water, but I could not talk much. I drank more water knowing that I would just throw it up again, but I didn't know what else to do. I walked / ran another mile and ended up asking a lady if I could use her phone, so I could call Sarah, so she could pick me up. I was a little over a mile from my house at the time and I felt utterly defeated. I wanted to go on, but knew I was likely to pass out at any minute and I did not have any ID on me. The lady was nice and she helped me use her phone. I did not talk to her much, but she gave me more water (which I didn't need but still drank). When Sarah picked me up, I threw up again during the short drive home. I was almost delirious. Once I made it to my house, I ate gatorade powder almost straight until I felt normal again. 



Comments

the Most Epic Runs