Wednesday, Day 809, So Slow


When I started running, I was really focused on the pain in my ankle. I was trying to figure out if it does end up feeling better or if I am just getting more used to the pain.

It seems like I am slowly learning how to adjust the way I run to mitigate the pain. After the first mile, the pain became more faint. It now makes sense why it was so difficult to run in Jakarta because of my inability to adjust because of the uneven surfaces, probably contributed to reinjuring my ankle.

Oh well--who cares--in the end what I do doesn’t change much. Go slower and do less: the only thing I know to do to feel better.

I ran wearing a long sleeve shirt to avoid sunburn, but after about twenty-minutes the sun went away and it became dark. Then the wind started to blow, and I stared at the dark clouds, mesmerized by the different shades of gray and black, shifting in-and-out of my focus.   

Comments

the Most Epic Runs