Day 637



Check out this run's details on Garmin by clicking here

It took me forever to get started this morning. I kept on thinking that the sun would come out, but it turned out to be only wishful thinking. I drove over to Grant's trail to do my run. My heart rate was once again high for the first five-minutes peaking at 189, which worried me a little bit, but then it went down and during the rest of the run it only went as high as 158. I love my new Mizuno Wave Universe 5 shoes. I feel like my running cadence has been affected by the new shoes. I think I should probably buy another pair. I was cold for the first couple of miles, but then I felt fine. I did not wear gloves, which I first thought was a mistake, but then my hands warmed up and I looked down on the other runners who were more bumbled up. Garmin list today as being around 27 degrees fahrenheit, but my phone told me it felt like it was in the mid to high teens when I started my run. However, my hair didn't freeze, so I guess it wasn't that cold.

I ate a half of banana and an apple before I stared and had one pack of blocks when I was running. I didn't carry water and only drank about eight ounces of water at the half way point in my run. I was incredulous that this heart rate monitor would help at all, but once again I was wrong. As I was running, I just kept focused on my heart rate and not on my pace and that allowed me to really push myself further. However, I am feeling some pain in my lower right back, which normally means I was doing something wrong. I felt like my right foot kept turning out too much. I got a small rash from the heart rate monitor, but I probably should have put more petroleum jelly on that spot before I started.

When I was running, I noticed the bikers who were annoying as always. I don't want to be mean, but it seems like a lot of over weight people ride a bike and will just not warn me when they are close and scare me. But I didn't yell at them, which I will sometimes do. I really had to pee when I was running and ended up peeing at the library in Kirkwood: it worked out perfectly. I hate how all the regular bathrooms are closed on Grant's trail for the winter because homeless people I guess will live in them. Well, now I feel great. I am sitting back drinking the King of Beers and should probably eat something soon.


Comments

the Most Epic Runs