Day 3,700—Summer Stories III—

Today, I felt better. I was guzzling coconut water yesterday and slowed down after running a half mile today. I didn’t leap out of bed when I woke up, but I am trying. I saw a lost young deer by themselves when I was over on a trail in the retirement community. They bolted past me as I was approaching. I wondered if it was the same one that I saw at the cemetery on Tuesday. They both looked about the same age and were walking funny. I don’t want to even write what I imagine will happen next.

Yesterday, I went over to the empty parking lot by my house with my 4-year-old and my 1-year-old. I was carrying the 1-year-old around, and my 4-year-old was running as fast as her legs would carry her. We were playing red light, green light. And my youngest would laugh so hard when I started sprinting with him and then stopped. He would throw his head back and giggle hysterically like he was told the funniest joke in the world. I wish I could of captured it. 

20 years ago, I was so into smoking cigars. Now, I haven’t smoked a cigar for years. I puffed on one with my brother and his friends years ago, but that was the closest I would have gotten, I remember driving to the local smoke shops and buying cigars, then going to the park and smoking them and getting sick. I am not sure what the benefit was.

         One time I decided to try to smoke a cigar in the bathroom while I was taking a bath. I saw someone do it in a movie, and I thought that it was a genius solution to a difficult problem (where to smoke). It did not work out well. My sister was so mad at me for making the bathroom smell and it caused my mom and dad to be furious with me. My brother kept asking me why I didn’t go to the park behind my house to smoke. Now I know, I ended up doing a lot of stupid things like this over the years because they were so fixed in my mind that I didn’t question them. Now I am better at seeing what’s going on but then I get these ideas and they would be the reason to do something. Part of me still thinks that’s a good thing, but not when it comes to smoking cigars in the bathroom.



Comments

the Most Epic Runs