Day 4,481—Missouri Corruption on the Ballot in 2026—
Start time: 8:17 a.m.
Weather: Low 80s, wind 6.5 mi/h, Humidity 82%
I was pleasantly surprised by the wind this morning. I read that there was still a heat warning in effect until later today, but it felt good starting this morning. I noticed the signs about Amendment 5, which is our very rich, corrupt politicians' attempt to take money from the poor and give it to the rich by eliminating property tax and increasing sales tax. What doesn’t surprise me is that the wealthy would do this. They have successfully done this in states like Florida, where the state cannot afford basic things like public water fountains and bathrooms. However, what shocks me is the lies that middle-class educated people believe. I saw a sign saying, “Protect the state constitution by voting for Amendment 5.” How is property tax and the state constitution related? But how else are you going to support this problematic Amendment? Also, the other big amendment by the fraudsters in office is to eliminate democracy in Missouri in favor of one county being able to prevent amendments from passing?! Their goal is to pass a bunch of corrupt amendments to help the rich and then change how amendments are passed, so people cannot change the previous amendments. It is the plan of an 8th-grade bully who wants to become class president, force the poor kids to give him all their money, and then use their money to change school policy so that no one can vote him out of office. The scary thing is I don’t know if the general public will notice this kind of dishonesty. People hear “eliminate property tax” and think, “less tax.” They don’t think, “who owns all the property?” Only a very small amount of property tax comes from the middle and lower classes, but many of those who will be hurt the most by this Amendment will support it, and it is hard to know what to feel about that. I am mad at the rich because they have more agency to effect change, but at the same time, it makes me wonder what can really be done about these systems. I am going to start with voting “no” on these amendments, obviously. Also, I have been working on the video constantly! Will finish by Wednesday! Should be working on the music and subtitles tonight. And, I will publish complete written version when the video is done.








Comments
Post a Comment