Day 4,484—Watch the Vero Beach Octopus 100 Video!—
Start time: 8:24 a.m.
Weather: Low 70s, wind 2.9 mi/h, Humidity 81%
The video finished uploading after 10 last night! I watched it for the first time on YouTube and published it afterward. When I went to bed, I felt like this was the best video I have made yet and that 100 million people should watch it! I know that is unlikely, but sometimes I get stuck in my thinking that if I work hard on something, the reward should correspond directly to how hard I worked. This one was tough to make, and I incorporated more illustration of events than ever before. This video also includes sections where I am just mad at everyone. I would normally not include these sections, but I do get mad at everyone during these races. One of my goals for this video was to show some of the realistic struggles that I face while racing, and getting mad at basic things is normal. Most of the race I was happy, smiling, and laughing, but there were those moments when nothing made sense, and I was angry.
What happened when I got lost was difficult to try to capture realistically, but I think I did a decent job. My wife said the video caused her anxiety watching it, so I think that is a good thing! If you watch the video, please tell me what you think! I plan on making at least two more this year, and I want each one to be better than the last. If there is one thing that running has taught me, it is that you do get better over time, but you have to put in the effort too and be intentional about improving.
I just remembered there was one detail about the race I planned on including, but I didn’t. Remember how I talked about all of the discussion around racers pooping in people’s lawns? Well, no one pooped in anyone’s yard that I am aware of, but after the race, I got an e-mail saying that a bunch of people pooped in the parking lot!
I put everything together here: https://tinyurl.com/2p9kn9rm
or on YouTube: youtube.com/@DanielVirtue









Comments
Post a Comment