Day 4,518—New Sidewalks—
Start time: 4:31 a.m.
Weather: Low 80s wind 2.5 mi/h, Humidity 73%
It was one of the hottest days of the year yesterday. The heat index was 110 degrees farenheight. I keep thinking about fall and how I am ready for the color of the leaves to dull and fall from the trees, and for it to get colder outside. It is going to be cold in Colorado. I have read that at night it will most likely be in the 30s or 40s, which is a little colder than it was at the Mohican at night, so I will have to focus on having enough clothes to change into, but also enough energy to go hard through the night to keep my body warm.
I didn’t notice that much difference in my leg throughout the day yesterday, even though I almost tripped while running down the stairs at school. My right foot is just not cooperating like it usually does, and my left foot has to take over as the lead foot, which puts more pressure on it. I need to keep doing as many trails close to my house as possible because that’s what I am going to be doing in Colorado. Most of the trails won’t be tough from what I read, but any trail is giving me trouble right now, so today I ran a couple laps around a mile trail and did a little at the bird park. I tripped and hurt my leg when I was trying to jump over a small concrete barrier in the parking lot of an oil change place. I was happy I fell because my automatic response of saving myself from falling keeps injuring me more than the fall itself. I am going to see the acupuncturist tomorrow. I am hoping I will feel better by the weekend. Two weeks from today, I will be leaving, and I still need to clean out my tent and throw away my chair that broke at my last race.








Comments
Post a Comment