Day 4,520—Getting Sick and Feeling Better—
Start time: 4:32 a.m.
Weather: Low 80s wind 1.6 mi/h, Humidity 74%
My youngest has been coughing for days. I tell him to cover his mouth, and he does his best, but I feel like he is coughing into my mouth half the time. It got to Sarah first, who, according to my daughter, “sounds like she needs oil.” Her voice has started to crack. I am not that bad yet, but I have been getting congested and have gotten stuck in coughing fits the past couple of days. The good news is my leg/hip is feeling better, and it hasn’t been a full week yet! It isn’t perfect, but my trip to the acupuncturist yesterday was super successful. The person who does it is the best acupuncturist I have found so far. She does chiropractic stuff too, so she started with that with me and gave me some good ideas for exercises I should be doing to strengthen the muscles I have been straining, but I was so tired I fell asleep on the table with the needles sticking out of my back. I only booked 40 minutes, but I know she ended up giving me more time than that, which makes me feel like I owe her more money. The only downside was that when I got home, my daughter had been worried about me. Sarah told her where I was and tried to describe acupuncture to her, and she was extremely concerned about my well-being. It was a strange juxtaposition to realize that she was worried about me as opposed to the other way around, but there you have it.
I am so happy this is the end of the week! It has been such a long week, and the heat has been insane. How is it possible that September is hotter than July this year?! At least it is a three-day weekend!








Comments
Post a Comment