Day 4,521—Feeling Normal and the Shoes Fit!—
Start time: 9:13 a.m.
Weather: Mid 80s to 90s wind 4.3 mi/h, Humidity 66%
It has been so hot this week, and I am just happy that most of my training for this race is done, so I don’t need to do a bunch this weekend. I want to do one more trail run before the race, so maybe next weekend I will run one more time there, but part of me thinks, why risk it? I could decide not to do any more trails until the race. I am finally feeling better, but why risk accidentally straining something again right before the race? Tomorrow I want to do around a half marathon like today, and next Saturday will be less than a week away from the race, so maybe 8-10 is enough and then probably around 5 on Sunday. The race is coming up so fast. I keep forgetting how close it is now. I need to do a lot of prep early because every day is so busy. It is nice to have a day off on Monday. I need to use some of that time to prepare for the race.
The main thing that slowed me down today was the heat. It was so hot by round two of this run. I ran a little over 6 miles, stopped back at my house and drank a lot of water, and then ran to the water fountain at Grant’s Historic Site after 3 miles because I was so thirsty. Besides the heat, I was fine, and my leg didn’t bother me at all, but I won’t know if I am 100 percent until I run a trail; I could keep doing the trails around here to prepare. They aren’t as technical as the Chubb Trail, but most of this race won’t be that technical either; they will be on trails, so it is still helpful to do as much similar to the race as possible.
I went for a walk after the run to get a Slurpee and some pseudoephedrine from CVS. I was wearing my new shoes. They fit perfectly. I thought they might feel too big, but I finally got the right size, which makes me feel so much better.








Comments
Post a Comment