Day 4,545—Thoughts on the Complete RRR—
I still need to proofread what I have written about the RRR before I post the complete edition. I recorded some video of the race, but much less than usual because almost as soon as it started, I felt behind and didn’t have time to record. I got some pictures that I liked. I would like to put together a short video to go with the write-up, but it isn’t fun to revisit a race like that. I was thinking more about it yesterday, and it probably has a lot to do with me choking occasionally as a soccer goalie and high school and college wrestler. It didn’t happen often, but it did happen. I feel like part of my strong reaction to this experience was that I wanted everyone to know that I didn’t choke; I did my best, and it didn’t work out. I trained for a lot of what I would be dealing with in the race, but not that late start time, and that is the only 100-mile race I have ever done that has started that late. I don’t know of any other races that have a similar start time, so it might not be something I have to think about again. If I wanted to run in that division again, I would need to train specifically for a 1 p.m. start time, which doesn’t mesh well with my desire to spend time with my family on weekends. My normal goal is to get up early enough to get back home at a decent time, but this run was almost right back into the swing of things. I will plan for a decent amount of long runs for this weekend. And look out for the complete edition of the RRR! I should be done with it this weekend. The video too! It shouldn’t take me that long to put together.








Comments
Post a Comment