Day 4,523—Easy 5—


 Start time: 10:08 a.m.

Weather: Mid 70s wind 7.2  mi/h, Humidity 63%

      I spent the most time in bed last night since before I went back to work. I don’t know if it was good sleep, but it was sleep. When I got up, I wanted to finish my laundry, empty the trash, mow the lawn, and clean out my tent. I got started on most of these things before I went running, as my kids were talking about going out. When I went running, I had already gotten a lot done, and I started to put my tent up. It took way too long to clean it out than I thought it would. It was also a struggle because I couldn’t seem to vacuum or use the leaf blower to get most of the dirt out. When I went running, there were so many more people out than I'm used to. People were walking the trail around the retirement center. One guy stopped long enough to block the bridge, and then when I went over to Blackburn Park through the bird sanctuary, there were at least two dozen people with their kids walking through the area. Not that there is anything wrong with so many people being present, but it is different, and it made me pause for a moment. The outside of my leg was bothering me, but not the pain I had been avoiding, so I didn’t think about it that much. I was still in a weird mood, not feeling like myself for the past few days.

I keep feeling like something is wrong, but I don’t know; maybe it is just in my head. Amazingly, the Missouri Supreme Court has prevented Denny Hoskins' attempt to stop Missourians from voting on the new re-gerrymandered congressional district maps! I didn’t know Missouri was unique in its power for voter-approved measures, a right protected in the Missouri State Constitution. However, Denny Hoskins will attempt to take away states’ rights and try to get the US Supreme Court to prevent democracy in Missouri. I thought republicans were supposed to care about states’ rights? Not our Secretary of State or Attorney General, Catherine Hanaway. They have gone out of their way to take away the rights of average Missourians, so that the legislature can do whatever it wants and doesn’t have to worry about following voter-approved ballot measures.


Comments