Day 4,544—Today and Part VI of the RRR: the Next Day and Reflection—

 


      I was hoping to get back to my 1 hour in the morning of running, but it didn’t happen today. It was one of those mornings where I felt like I was moving well, but the speed on my watch didn’t match what I thought I was doing. I am not ready for the week to start. I am not ready for the day to start, but it is going to start. 


Part VI of the RRR: the Next Day and Reflection


        Someone saw me standing around and asked if I needed a ride. I was still trying to figure out if the apps on my phone were telling me someone was coming or if they were still searching. It was most likely after 4 in the morning, and so many other runners were still in the middle of their run. I just wanted to get back out there and finish this run, but I had to go back to my tent and try to sleep.

        I was hoping to sleep most of the day because my drop bag wouldn’t be available until the afternoon at the earliest, but I woke up only a few hours later because of the rain. It was hitting my tent with force. When I made it to my tent last night, I noticed that I had left the inside light on in my car, so it is possible that if I hadn’t finished early I would have struggled to drive home, but I had left that light on for a while before, and it never made a difference, so I wasn’t convinced that it mattered.

        I was pretty hungry, so I got up and took down my tent as soon as it stopped raining, then went into town to find something to eat. After that, I spent the next 10-11 hours spending money and sitting around, waiting for my drop bag to arrive at Olympus Hall. I checked there several times until I saw our bags around 7 p.m. that night. I got lucky: they found my bag while unloading the truck, and then I left. It took me roughly 20 hours of travel time to get home, and I have been trying to catch up on sleep since.

I don’t know if I am going to make a video or not. I should try to edit something together and see how long it would take, but my heart isn’t in it. I almost want to forget this run ever happened, but I want to learn from it too. You don’t grow unless you try new things, and you aren’t trying new things unless you fail sometimes.  


Comments