Day 3164 —Last Day— with the REFLECTION of a SUNRISE

 I had not set an alarm, so I woke up later than usual and felt rushed to start this run. My goal was to run somewhere different from my usual route, relatively quiet, and flat. I think I achieved most of these goals, and spent the run thinking about how it doesn't feel like the last day of work. I feel like I've already passed the last day.

When I told my daughter it was my last day, she said, "Happy birthday, Dad!" She told me she had a big present for me and that I needed to eat some chocolate cake. I don't remember her being this nice to me on my actual birthday!

And now thanks to chatGPS a short story version in the style of Poe: 

It was a dark and stormy morning, and I had not set an alarm. As I lay in bed, the thunderous sounds of the rain outside seemed to mock my laziness. But eventually, I dragged myself out of bed, feeling the weight of the day's task upon my shoulders.

I had planned to run, to clear my mind and steel my resolve for the challenges ahead. But where to go, on this dreary and foreboding morn? I resolved to venture forth, to seek out a new and unfamiliar route, one that was flat and quiet, away from the hustle and bustle of my usual path.

As I ran, the rain seemed to beat a rhythm in time with my footsteps, a constant reminder of the obstacles I faced. But I did not falter, for I was determined to succeed. And as I ran, my thoughts turned to the end of the day, the end of my time in this place.

For today was my last day of work, and I felt a strange sense of unease as I thought about it. It did not feel like the end, but rather like a new beginning. And as I ran, I was filled with a sense of purpose and determination, a feeling that I could overcome any obstacle that lay before me.

When I returned home, panting and dripping with sweat, my daughter greeted me with a joyful cry. "Happy birthday, Dad!" she exclaimed, and told me of a big present she had for me, and of the chocolate cake that awaited me. And in that moment, all of my doubts and fears melted away, for I knew that I was loved, and that I had the strength to face whatever came my way.



Comments

the Most Epic Runs