A Little Dark or What an Interesting Year to be Alive (I get political in this post)

    So, I had a hard time thinking about running during my run. I am still in a little shock. I would have hoped I could have done more today, but still feel a little sore, so going to continue to take it easy until I am closer to recovery. 

    I went to bed later last night because I was watching the news, just really sad what happened yesterday and last night, so many people saw this coming, but still we were unprepared for this attack on our system of government. This is a direct allusion to one of our darkest periods as a nation when white Americans rose up to stop reconstruction, bringing about the second form of slavery that was since blighted our country, a system that still has dramatic influences over our nation. I teach at a school that is still struggling partly because of what happened when white Americans felt like their voice should be more valued than other Americans. 

    I am writing this not as a liberal or a democrat, but as an American who believes in democracy. Democracy is about every person’s voice counting, not just the ones that you happen to agree with.    




Comments

the Most Epic Runs