Day 4,490—Amendments 4 and 5 Spectacularly Fail!—

 


Start time: 9:02 a.m.

Weather: High 70s, wind 4.0  mi/h, Humidity 71%

       Woke up today feeling great after learning that both 4 and 5 failed by a 4-to-1 margin. It wasn’t even close! I read in the Post Dispatch that they knew the results one hour after the polls closed! Even though I was happy with the news, it did make me wonder why I couldn’t find any news stories about the results last night. I didn’t see any stories about it until much later. Part of me wonders if this is what was expected to happen, but I don’t know. The governor supported this, and I imagined that most conservatives would support this measure too, but they didn’t have the broad support I thought they would. Whatever the case is, I am glad it is over, and we won. Unfortunately, there will be some similar-leaning amendments in the next election, but that’s a problem for a different day. For today, I am proud to be from Missouri! I am happy with how people from all political ideologies could see how problematic both amendments were! The sun was shining down on me this morning during this run for sure, and I was smiling. Even though I didn’t get more than 5 hours of sleep last night, and most of that was interrupted by cats and children.


Comments