Day 4,515—Recovery Run—

 


Start time: 9:20 a.m.

Weather: Mid 70s wind 5.4  mi/h, Humidity 69%

      I took a bath when I woke up this morning because my right leg/hip was still hurting, so much that it was difficult to go up and down the stairs. I wanted to make pancakes, but we were out of flour, so I decided to run to the store and start pancakes when I got back. I thought I would run for at least an hour, but the two miles I ran were painful, and all I could think about was whether I'd recover in time for the race. It was almost three weeks away, so it was possible, but it was also possible that I would be in roughly the same pain I was in today. It wasn’t an easy run, and carrying the flour home was more difficult than I thought because I couldn’t find a smaller bag of flour that looked right. Once home, I started the pancakes and couldn’t pull myself away to go back out and run, so I stretched instead. This will be my first run without a picture in a long time, but I was planning on going back out, so it just didn’t happen today. Tomorrow is another day, and I feel a lot better tonight than this morning, so I am hoping for a full recovery. I plan to run for an hour tomorrow at whatever pace makes sense until I start to feel better. The good thing is that I have gotten my training done, so I can afford to taper earlier. I would have done something like 16 miles today otherwise, but you have to know when to take it easy, and I am already mad at myself for pushing myself so hard yesterday that I hurt myself. I requested a shoe exchange today, but I am worried they won't send me the new pair until I return the old ones, which normally wouldn’t be a big deal, but my daughter broke the box. I didn’t want her to, but at the same time I figured it wouldn’t be a big deal. I had already ordered the wrong size once. What were the chances that it would happen again? 


Comments