Day 4,503—Red, Pink, Yellow, and Orange—
Start time: 5:32 a.m.
Weather: High 60s wind 1.3 mi/h, Humidity 92%
I woke up earlier but didn’t start my run until the same time as yesterday. I am still trying to wrap my mind around a 4:30 run time. Right now, I am lucky if I get up close to that time. Yet I am making progress, and that’s what I keep telling myself; every little bit of effort I put into getting up earlier this week will make the transition easier next week. I am always amazed at how little time I have to do the things I want to do when I don’t have to work. Now it seems impossible to get the basics done.
As much as I was whinging before I set foot outside, once I did, I was awestruck by the sky. I ran along Watson so I could keep glancing over and see all the different shades of red, pink, and yellow engulf the sky. I ran towards the cemetery because it is the best spot to watch the sunrise in the area. I saw so many deer when I got closer, some of them just looking at me. I was tempted to take a picture but decided there was value in just enjoying the moment. As I got closer to the concrete church, I was impressed by the architecture and the way the bells sat peacefully over the whole valley; I also noticed benches to the side and a fountain pushing water silently over what looked like a bench.
When I headed back, there was a train blocking my path, so I went around a little more before heading back home through the apartment complex and thinking of all the time I have spent in this area. I used to run at the cemetery more when it was across the street from the house I shared with Brad, and I used to run at the apartment complex every day when I lived there. It makes me both sad and wistful to think about that time in my life. I was so young, and I had no idea about all the other hidden places I could run.
I have decided to buy a new trekking pole! It is the one someone recommended to me on here, so thank you!








Comments
Post a Comment