Day 4,505—It Won’t Be Long Now—
Start time: 5:06 a.m.
Weather: Low 70s wind 2.2 mi/h, Humidity 93%
I read a little about the Ozark Theater yesterday, and I found out it used to be a movie theater in the 1900s. It wasn’t that long ago when we had a theater in St. Louis like those early theaters that only showed one movie in a huge auditorium. My favorite theater growing up was the Moolah Theater. It had couches, and it wasn’t unusual for me to fall asleep when I went there. I can vividly remember many of my experiences seeing movies on those couches.
I had fun seeing movies over the summer, but even in the packed shows of the Odyssey and the Spider-Man movie, it wasn’t the same. I saw the Odyssey on opening weekend in an IMAX theater, and it was packed. It reminded me most of those early movie experiences when everyone is in a state of rapture. The theater is silent, and everyone has their phones out of sight. Still, when I saw the Spider-Man movie again on opening weekend, young kids were there looking at their phones, laughing at each other, and it was genuinely a theater where many patrons weren’t interested in the movie. Yet, when I was younger, because everyone had to sit closer together, it was more likely that someone would ruin a screening for you. I still remember the couple next to me loudly making out when I saw one of The Lord of the Rings movies on opening weekend as a kid.
It was quiet this morning, and I liked running in the dark even though my headlamp wasn’t working that well, even though I was using a different battery. Tomorrow, I will try an even earlier rise because, realistically, I need to start running no later than 4:30 each morning. Today was the closest I got to that, but tomorrow I must do better, and I need to do the same over the weekend.
I am looking forward to trying out my new trekking poles over the weekend. I am thinking I will run at Lone Elk on Sunday. Maybe if I get up early enough, I'll do a trail marathon, which will also help put me in a good mood going into the first week of school.








Comments
Post a Comment