Day 4,494—Back to Work—

 


Start time: 7:14 a.m.

Weather: Mid 70s-Low 90s wind 1-2  mi/h, Humidity 90%

       I figured I needed to start early to beat the heat. I almost started before 7 but got distracted by doing chores around my house. I decided to run back into Forest Park and do a version of what I did yesterday. I still felt sore from yesterday during the first mile and realized I wouldn’t be able to get much faster than a 10-minute mile. I didn’t mind going slow except for how much longer it makes running a marathon. I almost decided then only to do 20 miles, but by the time I got back home at 18, going back out wasn’t that difficult. I saw this sign for a costume contest for Nirvana the Band. It was yesterday; now I wish I had gone through there on my run. That was the funniest movie I have seen in a long time, and it is so appropriate someone is advertising for the costume contest/meetup on a flyer taped to a light post.

        I got home and stayed longer than I meant to. Everyone in my family is sick, including me, and the run had been dehydrating me at a higher rate than seemed possible. I drank so much water and carried LMNT packages to mix with water. At around mile 22, I stopped at Grant’s historic site to get some water, and I felt refreshed after drinking there for a few minutes. The water is so cold at the Grant historic site. It is the best rest area on the trail. The route I took is usually only 6 miles, and I needed to run 8 to get 26, so I added one at the start, and I was looking to add one more in Webster. The only thing that made it hard is that I decided to get a slurpee about a half mile from my house. This required a lot of zig-zagging at times, but I made it there almost exactly as planned, and it was such a refreshing way to end this run. It feels good to have a weekend like this. I feel like I have done my job. I go back to work tomorrow. It is just a workday, but it is the first day back! 


Comments