Day 4,501—Always Drinking Water!—

 


Start time: 12:47 p.m.

Weather: Mid 80s wind 1.8  mi/h, Humidity 78%

       I felt so bad when I woke up. My cats woke me up at 6, and then my kids a little before 8. I didn’t go running and started thinking more about the upcoming race. At first, I considered running earlier. They have two different start times one is 9 a.m. and the other is 1 p.m. Starting earlier would mean finishing earlier, but running with the slower group feels like I am not doing the real race. At the same time, I don’t think stuff like that doesn’t matter, and starting earlier would logistically make sense; otherwise, I will be running at the 1 p.m. start time. Starting at that time has some benefits, and it will mean I have 30 hours to finish instead of 36. I think I could get sick, and I could use that time. Yet, not having that time might motivate me to run faster. Today, it felt so hot outside that I stopped every 3 miles to drink water, but it still didn’t seem like enough. The last couple of miles I walked some. It is not a great time or distance today, but it was tough. Next weekend will be 4 weeks until the race.


Comments