Day 4,508—Trail Marathon—

 


Start time: 6:42 a.m.

Weather: Mid 60s-Low 70s wind 2.2  mi/h, Humidity 90%

       I was surprised to see a car in the parking lot. I hadn’t made it there by 6, but I was doing okay on time. I hadn’t done much on a trail since the Mohican 100 at the end of May. I was using the hydration system I plan to use at the Run Rabbit Run. I have my camel pack with water and two 500 ml collapsible flasks with hydration. I put my new pair of poles at the bottom of my vest, and I was surprised by how secure they fit. It was cool when the day started, and I immediately saw two other people on the trail. I said good morning to one guy from far away. I didn’t want to scare him, but he jumped and said he didn't expect anyone else out here this early, and I agreed. It is rare to see anyone at a certain section of the trail. A lot of people run on the West Tyson side but not as many on the Lone Elk side. Today I saw people on both, and a few other runners were out there.

        My poles came out of my vest without an issue, and they’re much lighter than the other pair I have. I liked having the single height version, so I don’t have to do as much when I put them together. I am so happy I bought these! I was worried because I need them for the initial section of this race, but I doubt I will want to use them throughout, so I wanted something I could securely carry in my vest. My shoes did get tight after a while, so I want to go back the next two weekends and try my other trail shoes. I might order a size bigger of the shoes I have been wearing too. I like the other pair, and I always think that they fit fine when I first put them on, but after a while my toes start killing me. I wasn’t the fastest today, but I was consistent and was never exhausted. The river was so low! And the weather was spectacular! And I got stopped by a train. It is just odd because it has never happened before. Even though I run here all the time, I love these parks! 


Comments