Day 4,507—Two Hours— and Day 4,507—One Hour—

 

Start time: 7:01 a.m.
Weather: Low 70s wind 2.9  mi/h, Humidity 91%
        I made plans to go to the Magic House today, so I needed to get up early if I was going to run 20 miles, but that didn’t happen. I ran 14 miles, which wasn’t bad, but I knew I would have to run 6 miles later. I liked running close to my house in this one. I ran all through the cemetery and then ran down the little neighborhood next to it. After that I had to head to the closest water fountain. Once I got there, I noticed everything being set up for soccer games. There were different references to this being championship matches, so that’s exciting. I remember having soccer games in those fields when I was a kid. It wasn’t that hot when I started, but by the end of this run I needed to immediately go to the next water fountain and get more water. I saw this sign as I headed outside the park. This house always has signs like this.

Start time: 3:00 p.m.

Weather: Mid 80s wind 6.7  mi/h, Humidity 52%

        First, I went to the store and bought some ciabatta bread to make sandwiches. I started making some Impossible chicken and then left again. This time I didn’t come back until I finished, but it was nice having part of my sandwich made. Although it was now after 4, it wasn’t that bad, and I successfully got 20 miles in today, so that’s great! I will need to get up earlier tomorrow. I need to go to Lone Elk early and stay there long enough to run a trail marathon. It is going to be fun! I would love to leave when it is still dark. Starting just before sunrise would be perfect so I could still get home at a decent time, but this morning I woke up late and didn’t want to move. Thankfully, my cats got me up eventually, but I just wanted to stay in bed. I hope tomorrow is different. 


Comments