Day 4,506—Almost There—

 


Start time: 4:35 a.m.

Weather: High 60s wind .9  mi/h, Humidity 91%

        Awake a little before 4 was too early to convince myself to leave my bed, but I was up a little after 4 and pushed myself to start running as close to 4:30 as possible. The streets were less busy, and it was cool in the morning. I chose this route because I would never want to run it during the day because of all the traffic, but this early it isn’t too bad. Part of me thought I would take Big Bend all the way into Webster before heading back toward my house, but I turned before that, and I am glad I did because it put me next to the community center so I could get some water. I wanted to do enough today to average 7 miles a day. Last night, I was thinking it is important to run at least 80 miles total this week. It is 4 weeks until the Run Rabbit Run today, so I only have two weekends left to get some serious long runs in.

        Even though I was upset about stuff at work yesterday and was still thinking about it this morning, I was smiling as I ran and felt thankful, I could start my day with this run. I was thinking about how much I loved seeing my son laugh yesterday when I was reading to him. Sometimes I replace the word of the character with his name so that I might say something like “Felix Spidey . . .” Last night he insisted that I replace every character with his name, so I was saying how “Felix Spidey” was fighting with “Felix Goblin,” and Felix thought it was so funny he was almost crying he was laughing so hard. Seeing him so happy was intoxicating and made everything I was frustrated with so much smaller. It made me think about how wonderful it would be if I could preserve his laughter for later, but isn’t that what writing does anyway? So, this is my attempt to bottle this memory for later, when I am wondering why I am doing blank. It doesn’t take much to remember.


Comments