Day 4,498—Searching for a Rainbow—
Start time: 5:17 a.m.
Weather: Mid 70s wind 3.4 mi/h, Humidity 89%
I stayed up until almost 11 last night! Despite everything, I was in a good mood. I hadn’t had time to eat dinner because I was talking to Sarah and then taking a bath. I also had a big lunch, so I didn’t go without food all day like I sometimes do. I started watching a video about the Run Rabbit Run 100, and it made me feel better and more excited about the race. It looks so big and full of energy! I had debated doing the earlier start, and I still think it makes sense logistically. I think I prefer the experience of the later start, which will make the race harder. Still, at least I can get plenty of sleep on Thursday before the race, and finishing at night has advantages because it is easier to get back on a normal sleep routine. At first, I was so upset when I found out the race didn’t start until 1 p.m., but logistically I understand why they need to do that. Watching those huge groups of people run up those hills made me want to start running that hill too immediately! It is amazing how much the videos get me amped up! I love the videos for that reason because I feel my body going there and start getting psyched.
I was so tired this morning, but I made it outside almost at the time I wanted to. It wasn’t raining, but I could see the lightning in the background. I was thinking about how cool a live picture would look of the puddles in the street and the lightning in the background when it started pouring. It was raining so hard, and I was listening to a podcast that creates audio versions of movies and, in this case, a TV episode that never got made.
It felt odd because it didn’t go with what I was doing at all, but I couldn’t get my phone out because of the rain to change it. I could have turned it off, but I was so sleepy I needed something, but when I looked down at my watch I was surprised to see how slow I was going. I was talking to some colleagues yesterday, and we were talking about places to eat in the Webster area, which made me want to do this route. I don’t always do this route on weekdays, but I've done it so much in the past. I ended up going down Lockwood and seeing another runner out in the rain; he was going slightly faster than me, which was great motivation to push myself and think about how nice it is to run in the rain before 6 and see another runner out! Then, I saw a huge group of runners not too long after that. I said “hi” to a few people and waved at some others. It wasn’t long before I was enjoying the run; the rain had stopped, and I was looking for the rainbow.








Comments
Post a Comment