Day 4,509—School Starts Today—

 


Start time: 4:31 a.m.

Weather: Low 60s wind .2  mi/h, Humidity 90%

      I was outside at 4:30, and I was out of bed by 4! I don’t know what else is going to happen today, but so far today has been a success. There are so many things to worry about today for my daughter and me. She is so excited for her first day, and I'm thinking about all the things that will likely go wrong, but that’s the wrong way to approach the day. I am going to focus on all the good things that happen. My goal for today is to smile and not feel so burdened by the school year and all the things that I don’t know, but instead focus on what I can do in each moment, and genuinely try to make people smile around me, so if I can do that, today will have been successful!

Preparing for the Run Rabbit Run has been a nice distraction. I keep wondering about altitude sickness and if that’s something I should be too concerned about. I ordered one of those masks, and I plan to use it some leading up to the race. I wonder if that is overdoing it, and I will see how I feel running it because if it is miserable, I might not use it as much. I want to train and be prepared, but I don’t want running to be miserable.


Comments