Day 4,495—First Day—

 


Start time: 5:28 a.m.

Weather: High 70s wind 3.8  mi/h, Humidity 84%

      I didn’t lay down until 10:30 last night. I am both dreading and looking forward to going into work today. It has been a long time, and there are a lot of things that I am already not looking forward to, but it has been a great summer, and this will be the first school year in five years that I am not going back to school at the same time, so how awesome is that?! Reading some of my e-mails, I can see there are already a bunch of changes that the district wants to make, but isn’t every year like this? It is a prep day, but I already have three different people trying to have meetings with me, so I don’t know what time I will have to prep. The PD department sent an e-mail to the Counselor director yesterday about a meeting today too, so it doesn’t look like they’re communicating any better than they have before, just pulling things at the last minute that haven’t been fully thought out, but what else is new? I hope things are different this year with the previous superintendent gone. Still, I cannot remember a year in recent memory where I have seen so many negative signs at the start of a school year, so the good news is that I got low expectations going in, and it still got to be easier than what I went through last year.

This run was tough, and I felt sore, but all the same, I am so glad I started my day outside in the rain without my shirt on. It felt good. One goal for today is to update my calendar at work. Everything else I get done will be the icing on the cake.


Comments